Company: American Highway
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY:The material handler will be
primarily responsible for staging material, loading/unloading
trucks, supporting production and helping to manage
inventory.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shipping/Receiving including unloading/loading of trucks
- Product staging for upcoming shipments
- Coordinate with supervisor to determine what is shipping and
what needs moved from production to the yard
- Ensure proper handling of all materials and store
- Support material movements for production as needed
- Ensuring all paperwork for transportation companies and
internal administration is given to the logistics coordinator (BOL,
Invoices, Certs etc.)
- Offloading steel deliveries
- Maintain neat and clean yard at all times
- Perform survey and analyze results to implement all safe work
- Forklift Pre-trip compliance check off
- Willingness to provide assistance when needed in other
departments as designated by supervisorQUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to demonstrate basic math skills including addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16th of an inch.
- Ability to read and understand all safety operating procedures
and to use all safety features and equipment.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Six months to 1 year of related experience.ESSENTIAL
- Requires ability to walk, stand, carry materials, stoop, kneel,
twist & bend at waist, and climb ladders or equipment.
- Maximum unassisted lift – 50 lbs. Average lift less than 25
- Ability to work 8 – 12 hours per day.Work Environment
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne
particles, chemicals, forklifts and overhead cranes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud and requires hearing protection at all times.
- Hard hats, safety shoes, gloves and eye protection are also
required at all times.
- Temperature environment 0 degrees to 110 degrees.COMPENSATION
PACKAGEBased on Full Time Employment
- Base pay: Competitive - DOE
- Benefits: American Highway a Simplex Company to provide health
care options, 401(k), and further benefits as described in the
materials supplied to you. Vacation, holidays, etc. are outlined in
our Employee Handbook and Supplement.
Keywords: American Highway, Sparks , Loader, Professions , Fernley, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!