Assembly Material Handler I Night Shift (PENA)
Company: Panasonic Corporation of North America
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with
Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing
facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known
for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic
manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the
world's leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc.
Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to
produce cells which will double the world's current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric
Vehicles a reality by production of the world's safest,
highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we
will create a clean energy society and our products will change
society's use of and perceptions of electric power.
* Perform daily operational checks on mobile equipment (condition
of the forks, lift mechanisms, brakes, wheels, control handles for
wear and tear, fluid leaks, damage, etc.) Recording and inspection
on equipment including, cleaning, checking and adding fluids as
* Receipt and transport of raw materials using mobile equipment of
various types (manual pallet jacks, ride-on pallet jacks, lift
* Movement and transportation of in process product throughout the
* Ability to accurately recognize and distinguish between part
numbers and lot numbers of greater than 10 characters.
* Problem solving trouble shooting skills related to equipment and
* Communicate with co-workers the status of the current material or
product at hand, damaged packaging, verbally either directly or
through a two-way radio.
* Provide appropriate documentation i.e. delivery orders, lot
tracking sheets, quality deviation sheets, quality specifications
and attributes, to downstream customer.
* Must adhere to company rules and policy.
* Must be able to work in a team environment.
* Must be willing to perform duties at a higher or lower level as
* High School Diploma or GED required. Experience in material
handling, warehouse operations preferred
* Must be able to read and understand English instructions, written
* Must have a safety conscientious attitude.
* Able to use a manual pallet jack, motorized pallet jack or lift
* Familiarity with MES, LOTO, FIFO, Lot numbers.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and accurate
counting of raw materials and product in an active environment.
* Familiar with computer terminals, Operator Interface Terminal,
touch screens, RF scanners.
* Must wear PPE including, safety shoes, clean suit, dust mask,
respirator or PAPR, gloves, safety glasses/safety goggles, hair
* Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate
prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel,
push and pull objects.
* Must be able to pull/push pallets weighing up to 1700 lbs. on a
* Must be able to work up to 12-hour shifts. Constant use of a
* Must be able to manage time.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our
products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or
company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform
the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable
accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety
sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or
law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to
respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid
authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in
Panasonic Corporation of North America.
REQ: REQ-134062 Production
Keywords: Panasonic Corporation of North America, Sparks , Assembly Material Handler I Night Shift (PENA), Professions , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!