*Material Handler, Gigafactory
Posted on: January 5, 2019
The Material Handler will report to the Materials Supervisor and will be responsible for the movement of materials (inbound/outbound) to support production operations. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in fast-paced environments. He/she must have the ability to work with and communicate with cross-functional teams. The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
* Pick/pull/pack parts needed for Production and Manufacturing areas.
* Perform cycle counts.
* Work closely with Inventory Control and Quality Control teams.
* Ensure accuracy and timeliness of assigned tasks.
* Support Warehouse Team best practices at all times.
* Identify discrepant materials/components both in writing and verbally to a supervisor.
* Complete tasks as directed by warehouse schedules and within standard times.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
* Physical work including but not limited to pushing, pulling, gripping, twisting, reaching, etc.
* Ability to follow a required specific sequence of steps in a process repetitively for an extended period of time.
* Demonstrated ability to perform standardized work process and defined work instructions.
* Evaluates the assembly processes and equipment to look for continuous improvement opportunities.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills, comfortable presenting ideas and issues to peer groups and leaders.
* Positive energy and attitude are a must.
* Tesla Mission Driven.
* Computer skills are strongly preferred (use of Word, Excel & Outlook programs).
* High School diploma or equivalent, or evidence of exceptional ability.
* Must have a strong command of the English language, both written and verbal.
* Must be reliable, have good initiative, be committed, and be quality focused.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs as needed.
* Ability to work with a team and in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions.
* Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
* Ability to perform repetitious duties, including stairs and standing for long periods of time.
* Must have the ability to work quickly while maintaining a high level of craftsmanship and attention to detail.
* Current forklift certification strongly preferred.
* A valid U.S. driver s license and acceptable driving record (subject to review).
* Previous parts and material handling experience preferred (1-3 years) with FedEx, DHL, 3PL, etc.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Tesla, Sparks , *Material Handler, Gigafactory, Professions , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!