Class A CDL Linehaul Team Drivers
Company: Old Dominion Freight Line
Posted on: April 11, 2019
Job Description Old Dominion Freight Line is currently recruiting
for a Linehaul Driver to join our OD Family Culture. Our Drivers
successfully operate various tractor-trailer combinations over long
distances. Truck Drivers also sort, handle, load, and/or unload
freight at company and customer locations. Linehaul Drivers are
critical members of our OD Family they help to accurately deliver
our customer's freight and help keep our promises. Jose Corona -
Line Haul Driver from Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. on Vimeo.
- Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe
driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and
transportation of hazardous materials.
- Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Dept. of
Transportation and satisfactorily pass a drug test and alcohol
- Operates BLU/DYMS and any other computer/internal freight
monitoring systems required.
- Available for around the clock shifts to accommodate freight
movements and must be able to be away from home for extended
periods of time. Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must possess a valid commercial driver's license with haz-mat,
doubles, triples and tanker endorsements.
- 1 year previous tractor trailer driving experience and/or be a
graduate of a State Certified and Licensed truck driving school,
acceptable to Old Dominion and/or have satisfactorily completed the
Old Dominion truck driver training program
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English,
and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to
handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Must have the ability to properly operate hand held
mini-computer when required.
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving,
hours of service, inspection and maintenance, and extended periods,
- Must be available for around-the-clock trips to accommodate
freight movements and must be able to be away from home for
extended periods of time.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the US Department
- Pass a Drug Test and satisfactorily pass an alcohol test (if
- Be at least 22 years of age Join the OD Family Today! As a Full
Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- "Birthday Holiday" who doesn't love some extra attention on
their Birthday? Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender
expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic
information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).
Keywords: Old Dominion Freight Line, Sparks , Class A CDL Linehaul Team Drivers, Professions , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!