CTD - Weighing Technician - Sparks, NV
Company: Bureau Veritas
Posted on: July 3, 2019
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities
with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to
play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy
working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity
to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to
apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status,
sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any
other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in
employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis
of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions,
training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel
Reporting to the Weighing Supervisor, the Weighing Technician is
responsible for processing customer samples by following
established standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safe
- Comply with the OHS Act and Regulations, BV Group Policy and
Procedures, Upstream Minerals Management System Policies and
Procedures and ISO standards applicable to the Weighing Technician
- Act in a safe and professional manner and wear appropriate attire
including the required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Carry out sample weighing in accordance with documented SOPs and
other work instructions.
- Ensure proper functioning of weighing operations by:
- Monitoring the performance of the balances and associated
- Ensuring adequate inventory of consumable supplies (standards
- Practicing good housekeeping.
- Communicate general laboratory issues to the Weighing Supervisor
- Report any deviation(s) from documented procedures to the
- Report any unsafe condition(s) observed in the department to the
- Report any non-conforming work related to customer samples and
associated test data to the Weighing Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to
assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment
opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and
application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with
your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist
you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next
great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas'
federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity,
please click the link below:
Keywords: Bureau Veritas, Sparks , CTD - Weighing Technician - Sparks, NV, Professions , Sparks, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!